Through the efforts of the Bosch Rugby Supporters’ Club, the Old Boys’ Union and some specific individuals, we bolstered the funds required to have a more focused approach, but it was still not enough. In order to supplement the funds available, the Rondebosch Rugby Development Fund was established in 2011. A target was set to raise R100 000 - R200 000 per annum for the next five years. We have been fairly successful with this endeavor and have recruited 20 members who donated more than R100 000 in year one. Although this was a great start we would like to raise the amount donated to about R200 000 per annum and thus would like to recruit at least another 10 members to supplement what we already have in place financially for the next five years to improve Bosch Rugby to a level where we can compete for results and talent with the Boland schools and internally produce win/loss ratios which compare more adequately with our hockey, cricket and water polo teams.
The funds will be employed to fund scholarships, coaching, improve our facilities and to procure equipment.
The concept is:
To target about 30 Old Boys and parents and former parents who would each commit to contribute a minimum of R5 300 per annum for five years, increasing with the annual rate of inflation.
The benefits that the donors would receive are:
- The donations are income tax deductible, therefore if you are paying SA income tax at the marginal rate of 40% your tax liability will reduce by R2 120 if you donate R5 300. We will ensure that tax certificates are issued and delivered to you on receipt of payment.
- Family membership of the Bosch Rugby Supporters Club (BRSC) including the fees if you have sons who are bona fide students (worth about R600)
- Free attendance at the annual BRSC Dinner (worth about R300)
- BRSC windbreaker or jacket on joining and new issues when the kit is updated (worth about R300)
- Drinks voucher for the main member after home games (R300)
- Seats in the Rugby Chalet on a rotational basis
- Informal meeting with the Head Coach for an update on progress at least twice per annum before BRSC functions
- The High School’s rugby newsletter, the Bosch Blitz, will be circulated regularly.
The funds are administered as follows:
- A separate bank account under the banner of the Rondebosch Boys' Schools Education Trust (RBSET).
- A small committee act as Trustees of this fund and decide on requests for funding. Funds to be used for scholarships, coaching, equipment and facilities. This is done under the auspices of the RBSET.
- An annual financial report back to members of this group.
The Headmaster, the Old Boys’ Union and the Bosch Rugby Supporters’ Club are fully supportive of this initiative as it will in the long term enhance our ability to compete at the highest level.
Please advise whether you would be interested and what amount you would like to contribute. I will advise the bank details once I have had your response. I am also available to meet with your personally if you so require.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Kind regards,Deon de Kock